Opening PHP files
Did your computer fail to open a PHP file? We explain what PHP files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PHP files.
What is a PHP file?
PHP is a scripting language that is often used to develop a variety of web pages and Internet applications. Files that have the .php extension can contain text, HTML tags and scripts. These files are processed by a remote server and are then returned to the user's Web browser as plain HTML.
Oftentimes web pages will use PHP files in order to process their online forms or to access information from an online database. For example, when you sign up for a mailing list or submit contact details to a website, you may be doing so via a PHP scripted form.
Software that will open, convert or fix PHP files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PHP files.
- Adobe DreamweaverUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Picture ItUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- The Print ShopUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- PrintMasterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.