Opening HTML files
Did your computer fail to open a HTML file? We explain what HTML files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your HTML files.
What is a HTML file?
HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language. Files that contain the .html file extension store web pages that have been created using the Hyper Text Markup Language.
HTML files are created for the purpose of being displayed in a user's Web browser, allowing the formatting of text, images and other website content.
The HTML code itself is not actually seen by the user. Instead, the resulting website page is viewed in the user's Web browser. HTML files are usually saved in a text-based format and a website visitor can see the contents of the HTML code by selecting the "View" and "Page Source" options from the toolbar of their Internet browser.
Software that will open, convert or fix HTML files
- FlashPeak SlimBrowserVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with HTML files.
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Swing BrowserUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- LibreOfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- OpenOffice.org CalcUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.