Opening RELS files
Did your computer fail to open a RELS file? We explain what RELS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your RELS files.
What is a RELS file?
Files that contain the .rels file extension are relationship files. These files contain information about how the parts of different Microsoft Office documents fit together. This information is also referred to as relationship parts.
RELS files serve as markers for the documents that they pertain to. They allow the various Microsoft Office applications to utilize the information in one file so that it can be used in another file.
The RELS file format is only compatible with the more recent versions of the Microsoft Office applications which support Open Office XML documents. The RELS files are saved in the directory of the Open Office XML document.
Software that will open, convert or fix RELS files
- Microsoft PowerPoint ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with RELS files.
- Adobe DreamweaverUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MXUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Aptana StudioUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.