Opening HTM files
Did your computer fail to open a HTM file? We explain what HTM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your HTM files.
What is a HTM file?
Files that contain the .htm file extension usually hold HTML web page files. These files are used to format and display images and text in a user's Web browser.
An HTM file contains HTML markup code that is stored in a plain-text format. HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. The HTML language allows a website designer to create structured documents by creating headings, paragraphs, lists, bullets, links and quotes using the HTML language.
Files with the .htm extension are just like files with the .html extension. The .htm extension was introduced with the use of certain Web development software applications like Microsoft FrontPage and Expression Web.
Software that will open, convert or fix HTM files
- FlashPeak SlimBrowserVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with HTM files.
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Swing BrowserUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- LibreOfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- OpenOffice.org CalcUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.