Opening CAF files
Did your computer fail to open a CAF file? We explain what CAF files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your CAF files.
What is a CAF file?
The .caf file extension is used for a proprietary audio file format, which is also known as Apple Core Audio Format. The CAF file format was developed by Apple, Inc. for the Apple QuickTime framework. These .caf files contain digital audio data that has been saved with 64-bit file offset encoding specifications.High resolution recorded audio data can be stored in these CAF files. This audio file format also supports high quality playback as well as extensive audio editing applications and larger than usual file sizes. Unlike other audio file formats that have file size limits of around 15 minutes or 4Gb of audio, these .caf files can store recorded audio data worth years of playback.A .caf file can store any type of audio data in any number of channels. This file format also has support for storing auxiliary data like text annotations, captions and markers.
Software that will open, convert or fix CAF files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAF files.
- Any Video ConverterVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAF files.
- VideoLAN VLC media playerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAF files.
- K-Lite Codec PackVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAF files.
- WavePad Sound EditorUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.