Opening SCN files
Did your computer fail to open a SCN file? We explain what SCN files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your SCN files.
What is a SCN file?
Files that contain the .scn file extension are scenario files that are commonly used by real-time strategy computer games, such as Age of Empires, SIM City and Age of Mythology. The SCN file contains a game play map that may include terrain, starting locations and conditions for defeating various accomplishments within the game.
The .scn file extension is also used by ALCATech Software for audio file management. These SCN files position the locations of sounds within the audio files created by the program.
In some cases, the .scn file extension is also used by the Pinnacle Studio software program. These files are used by the software to specify the begin and end point of different scenes.
Software that will open, convert or fix SCN files
- Final Media PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MGI Software Corp. VideoWavUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- SimCityUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MGI Software Corp. VideoWaveUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Caligari trueSpaceUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.