Opening PS files
Did your computer fail to open a PS file? We explain what PS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PS files.
What is a PS file?
Files that contain the .ps file extension are image files that have been saved in the Adobe PostScript language. These files can contain images, text or a combination thereof.
The PS images can be printed directly by a raster image processor without actually being opened in the application that it was designed in. This allows users to transmit image files to one another, even if the recipient does not have the actual application that the original file was created in.
The PostScript file format has become less popular and is being replaced by the PDF file format, which was also created by Adobe.
Software that will open, convert or fix PS files
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PS files.
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PS files.
- Acrobat DistillerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Corel Graphics ApplicationsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Paint Shop ProUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.