Opening GP4 files
Did your computer fail to open a GP4 file? We explain what GP4 files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your GP4 files.
What is a GP4 file?
Files that contain the .gp4 file extension are used by a variety of fax software applications. The .gp4 file extension is used to save generic fax image files.
Prior to digital fax software products, users had to have a fax device to send and receive fax messages. Once the Internet evolved, software developers began creating digital fax products, allowing users to send and receive faxes using their computer and an Internet connection.
GP4 files are saved in the CCITT file format. This standardized Group 4 format stores 1-bit or bi-level images using lossless file compression. The GP4 file format is able to compress the fax files into smaller file sizes than older file format versions without losing image quality.
Software that will open, convert or fix GP4 files
- TuxGuitarUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- MaxView ApplicationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Altium DesignerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Altium Designer SummerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Altium Designer Summer ViewerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.