Opening CONFIG files
Did your computer fail to open a CONFIG file? We explain what CONFIG files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your CONFIG files.
What is a CONFIG file?
Files that contain the .config file extension are used by the Microsoft NET framework and are created during application development. The CONFIG files are used by a variety of NET framework applications. These files contain the configuration information about the program that they correspond to, including the settings and preferences of the specific application.
The CONFIG files are developer files, storing information about the associated application. These files are normally stored in a text-based format. The file name will normally reference the associated application. For example, a filename.exe executable program would usually have a filename.config configuration file associated with it.
Software that will open, convert or fix CONFIG files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CONFIG files.
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Edge Code CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NETUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- ArchitectUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.