Opening ASC files
Did your computer fail to open an ASC file? We explain what ASC files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your ASC files.
What is an ASC file?
Files that contain the .asc file extension are script files that have been written in the ActionScript programming language. These files contain code that is used to control Flash-based applications.
The code that is stored in the ASC files is executed by the Flash Media Server and can control a variety of events, such as how the server accesses resources, streams multimedia content to a user and loads Flash applications. The ASC files can be created by the Adobe Media Encoder or Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.
The .asc file suffix is also commonly associated with ASCII files. These files contain text-based files that hold non-delimited ASCII files with row delimiters.
Software that will open, convert or fix ASC files
- PowerArchiverVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with ASC files.
- Adobe FlashUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Macromedia FlashUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- PGP DesktopUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Sage AccountingUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.