Opening PLA files
Did your computer fail to open a PLA file? We explain what PLA files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PLA files.
What is a PLA file?
Files that contain the .pla file extension are project archive files that have been created by the ArchiCAD 3D modeling application. These files can contain a variety of CAD designs as well as library information that can be referenced by the designs in the PLA archive.
The .pla file extension is also used by NHL video games. These files contain the game files that are referenced by the software during a user's gameplay.
The SanDisk Sansa player also uses the .pla file suffix. When a PLA file is associated with the Sanda, it contains a playlist of music files created by a user. The files do not contain any actual audio data, only references to the audio files that are added to the playlist.
Software that will open, convert or fix PLA files
- MediaMonkeyVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PLA files.
- Final Media PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- ArchiCADUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- PCLawUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Chief Architect Home Designer SuiteUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.