Opening MIF files
Did your computer fail to open a MIF file? We explain what MIF files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your MIF files.
What is a MIF file?
The .mif file extension is most commonly associated with Adobe FrameMaker interchange format files. FrameMaker is a software application that is used to create and edit large, structured documents for authoring and publishing purposes. The MIF files are created by the FrameMaker application and contain the text, graphics and layout information for a FrameMaker file. These files are used to export the FrameMaker documents in a format that can be edited by third-party software applications.
The .mif file extension is also used for Image Magick image file format files, MIDI instrument files, EarthLink e-mail message index files and Systems Management Server (SMS) Management Information Format files.
Software that will open, convert or fix MIF files
- Photomania DeluxeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- IBM WebSphere Homepage BuilderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- SimCity Urban Renewal KitUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Open WatcomUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- TatukGIS ViewerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.