Opening MAP files
Did your computer fail to open a MAP file? We explain what MAP files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your MAP files.
What is a MAP file?
The .map file extension is used by computer games that have been created with one of the Quake engines. These files contain uncompiled game maps. These maps are saved in a text-based format, allowing them to be compiled into a .bsp binary map. Some of the gaming applications that use the .map file extension include the first three editions of Quake, Duke Nukem and the Half-Life computer games.
The .map file extension is also used by web designers for hyperlinking purposes. These MAP files allow website visitors to navigate a website by clicking on certain areas within a picture rather than using a traditional text-based link.
Software that will open, convert or fix MAP files
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Native Instruments Reaktor5User SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NETUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- CodeVisionAVR C CompilerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.