Opening DXR files
Did your computer fail to open a DXR file? We explain what DXR files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DXR files.
What is a DXR file?
Files that contain the .dxr file extension are most commonly associated with the Macromedia Director software application. The DXR files that are used by this software program contain Director movie files that have been stored in a non-editable file format. This allows a user to share and distribute a Director file without allowing other users to make edits or modifications to it.
The DXR files are saved in an uncompressed format. Macromedia developed the DXR file format, but the company was taken over by Adobe in 2005. The current version of Director is published by Adobe and not by Macromedia.
Software that will open, convert or fix DXR files
- DirectorUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Director Shockwave StudioUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.