Opening CAM files
Did your computer fail to open a CAM file? We explain what CAM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your CAM files.
What is a CAM file?
The CAM file format is used for an image file type that was created by Casio for one of their digital camera product models in the mid 1990s. Also known as Casio QV digital camera image files, files in this format use the .cam file extension. These CAM image files are generated by Casio QV digital cameras.A .cam file contains bitmap graphics and digital photos that have been taken using a Casio QV digital camera. The XnView software, which is a program for Windows PCs, can be used to open and view these CAM files.Other photo editing applications and bitmap graphics authoring programs for both Windows PCs and Mac OS X computers may be used to open and view the digital image content of these CAM files. These applications may also be used to export these .cam files to other more standard image formats like JPG, BMP and so on.
Software that will open, convert or fix CAM files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAM files.
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CAM files.
- Ashampoo Photo CommanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- VuePrintUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Altium DesignerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.