Opening R31 files
Did your computer fail to open a R31 file? We explain what R31 files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your R31 files.
What is a R31 file?
The .r31 file extension is most commonly associated with split volumes of file archives. When a file archiving utility, such as WinRAR, is used to compress a large batch of files into a single file archive, the archive can be split into separate volumes. This makes it easier to distribute the files online or split the archive across multiple storage disks. When an archive is split into smaller volumes, each volume of the archive is given its own extension. These extension are usually numbered in sequence, such as .r01, .r02, .r03, etc. The .r31 file extension is normally assigned to the 31st volume of the file archive. In order to open the contents of the file archive, all of the volumes must be present.
Software that will open, convert or fix R31 files
- PowerArchiverVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with R31 files.
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Lhaplus VersionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- LhaplusUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.