Opening QIF files
Did your computer fail to open a QIF file? We explain what QIF files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your QIF files.
What is a QIF file?
QIF stands for Quick Interchange Format. Files that contain the .qif file extension are text files that have been created by Quicken financial software applications. These files store information that pertains to a user's financial accounts and keep the data in the ASCII text format.
QIF files are used for transferring information from a financial institution's website to a user's computer and between different Quicken data files. While the QIF file format was originally developed by Intuit, it is now used by a variety of financial and accounting applications.
The QIF file format has become outdated and has been largely replaced by the QFX file format.
Software that will open, convert or fix QIF files
- Microsoft MoneyVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with QIF files.
- QuickenUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- QuickenWindowUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Cashbook CompleteUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.