Opening PAT files
Did your computer fail to open a PAT file? We explain what PAT files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PAT files.
What is a PAT file?
Files that contain the .pat file extension usually store bitmap images that are used to create patterns. These images usually contain pattern squares that range in size from 8x8 pixels to 256x256 pixels.
The pattern files that are contain in a PAT file can be imported into a variety of different graphics applications and are used to fill areas with the repeated patterns, usually to create a textured background. These backgrounds are commonly seen in video games and in desktop backgrounds and screensavers.
Popular applications that use the PAT file format for pattern files include CorelDRAW, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro, Train Simulator and Smash Simulator.
Software that will open, convert or fix PAT files
- Corel Graphics ApplicationsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- CorelDRAWUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop ElementsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- CorelDRAW Essential EditionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.