Opening OPUS files
Did your computer fail to open an OPUS file? We explain what OPUS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your OPUS files.
What is an OPUS file?
The .opus file extension is used for an audio codec format that was created by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). These OPUS files contain digital audio data that is stored in an OGG container. Some VoIP tools generate these .opus files through its embedded set of telephony features and voice recording functions.
These OPUS files are also used by some applications that provide interactive audio-related functions and real time Web streaming services for audio data. These include Web frameworks, music streaming programs and instant messaging (IM) tools with voice chat and audio recording features.
VLC media player, which was created by the VideoLAN Project Team, can be used to open and view the audio content of these .opus files. This software has versions for Windows PCs, Mac OS X computers and even mobile device platforms like Android and iOS.
Software that will open, convert or fix OPUS files
- Zoom PlayerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with OPUS files.
- VideoLAN VLC media playerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with OPUS files.
- K-Lite Codec PackVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with OPUS files.
- Final Media PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- AIMP3User SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.