Opening INX files
Did your computer fail to open an INX file? We explain what INX files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your INX files.
What is an INX file?
Files with the .inx file extension are XML-formatted documents that are exported by the Adobe InDesign software application. These documents are used to describe a specific InDesign file, explaining the number of pages that are contained in the file, the contents of the pages and the layout and settings for each page of the file.
INX files are commonly used to save a file that was created with a newer version of the InDesign into a format that is compatible with older versions of the InDesign application. The InCopy and GoLive applications also use the .inx file format for this same purpose.
Software that will open, convert or fix INX files
- Adobe InDesignUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe InDesign CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.