Opening HTC files
Did your computer fail to open a HTC file? We explain what HTC files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your HTC files.
What is a HTC file?
Files that contain the .htc file extension are most commonly associated with the Internet Explorer Web browsing application. The HTC files that are used by this Web browser contain the definitions of components that define the dynamics of an associated HTML page.
An HTC file is normally an HTML file that contains a set of elements which define the associated HTC component. This allows a website designer to organize the behaviors that are contained in the script modules which are to be attached to specific parts of a Internet web page.
An HTC file allows an Internet browser to use the same functions across a variety of HTML website pages. These files are normally stored in a plain-text file format.
Software that will open, convert or fix HTC files
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Flash Movie PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.