Opening DEF files
Did your computer fail to open a DEF file? We explain what DEF files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DEF files.
What is a DEF file?
Files that contain the .def file extension are most commonly associated with Microsoft Visual C++ definition files. These files list the exports and attributes of a specific program that is linked by an application linker.
The DEF file format is commonly used when creating a dynamic link library during the development of a software application.
The 3D Fassade Plus software application also uses the .def file extension. These DEF files contain definition module files that are used by the software.
A variety of Nova Logic software games also use files with the .def file suffix. These DEF files contain game weapon files that are referenced by the software during a user's gameplay.
Software that will open, convert or fix DEF files
- Army BuilderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NETUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Movie Magic ScreenwriterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.