Opening DCR files
Did your computer fail to open a DCR file? We explain what DCR files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DCR files.
What is a DCR file?
DCR stands for Digital Camera Raw. Files that contain the .dcr file extension are created by certain Kodak digital cameras, usually of the SLR variety.
The DCR file format is used to take photographs without the camera making color adjustments or compressing the image file that has been captured by the camera. This allows the user to edit a raw data file of the image that was taken and the image appears exactly as the camera had captured it at the time of the photograph.
The DCR file may also include text information about the picture, such as the date and time the picture was taken.
Software that will open, convert or fix DCR files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with DCR files.
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with DCR files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Photo GalleryUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Windows LiveR Photo GalleryUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.