Opening DCM files
Did your computer fail to open a DCM file? We explain what DCM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DCM files.
What is a DCM file?
Files that contain the .dcm file extension are most commonly associated with image files that have been saved in the DICOM image format.
DICOM stands for Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine. This file format was created as a way to distribute and view medical images using a standardized file format.
The DCM file format was developed by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. In addition to medical images, DCM files may also contain patient information.
The DiskCatalogMaker software application has also been known to use the .dcm file suffix. This program uses the .dcm file extension when saving catalog files that have been created with the software.
Software that will open, convert or fix DCM files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with DCM files.
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with DCM files.
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with DCM files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- PiView Star Login ApplicationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.