Opening ASP files
Did your computer fail to open an ASP file? We explain what ASP files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your ASP files.
What is an ASP file?
ASP stands for Active Server Page. Files that contain the .asp extension contain scripts which are used to generate HTML pages. In other words, when your web browser requests an .asp page, the web server will generate the content to display in the browser on-the-fly. The page is not just downloaded from the server, but built by the server for that specific user. ASP files are commonly used by sites that are hosted on Microsoft IIS servers.
When visiting a web page with a URL that ends in .asp, you know that you are on a website that is generated by a Microsoft server using ActiveX scripting. The ASP files that are used to create the page allow websites to remain dynamic without the need for re-coding or constant site updates.
Software that will open, convert or fix ASP files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with ASP files.
- Adobe DreamweaverUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MXUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop Limited EditionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.