Opening RMS files
Did your computer fail to open a RMS file? We explain what RMS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your RMS files.
What is a RMS file?
Files that contain the .rms file extension are most commonly associated with the RiverCAD data files. These files belong to an application known as Boss RMS.
The Boss RMS software is a river modeling application, commonly used by engineers. The river maps that are created by engineers using this software are saved with the .rms file suffix.
The .rms file extension is also used by the RealMedia media software. The RMS files used by this application contain secure media files. This RMS file format is similar to the RM file format, but the RMS file format supports digital rights management features.
Software that will open, convert or fix RMS files
- RealPlayer CloudVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with RMS files.
- RealTrimmerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with RMS files.
- RealDownloaderVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with RMS files.
- RealPlayer (User SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- RealOne PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.