Opening PPM files
Did your computer fail to open a PPM file? We explain what PPM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PPM files.
What is a PPM file?
The .ppm file extension is one of the Netpbm formats being used and defined for creating Netpbm projects. The PPM format is a bitmap image file type that has the lowest common denominator color image file format. The Portable Pixmap (.ppm) format is very easy to process, write and analyze.
Files that uses .ppm file extension usually follow a certain format in every respect, but not including the precise semantics of the sample values. These files are considered efficient for the purpose that PPM are commonly utilized as an intermediary format. They are alternatively known as PPM files, in which case you have to be totally specific, you must be able to represent the variation distinctly from the actual PPM. A PPM file consists of a sequence of one or more PPM images. There are no information, markers, or buffer before, after, or between images.
Software that will open, convert or fix PPM files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PPM files.
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PPM files.
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PPM files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- ALSeeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.