Opening PLS files
Did your computer fail to open a PLS file? We explain what PLS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PLS files.
What is a PLS file?
The .pls file extension is most commonly given to generic playlist files. These files are used by a number of computer programs to create a playlist for a collection of audio files. The PLS files contain information about an audio file's location, but they do not contain the actual audio file or any real audio data.
The .pls file extension is also used with the Accounting Plus and AccountEdge software. When the .pls file extension is used for these applications, the files contain financial information such as accounts payable and accounts receivable data. Many of the programs that used the .pls file extension are being discontinued by the distributor of the software.
Software that will open, convert or fix PLS files
- iTunesVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PLS files.
- MediaMonkeyVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PLS files.
- VideoLAN VLC media playerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PLS files.
- K-Lite Codec PackVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PLS files.
- GOM AudioUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.