Opening MPL files
Did your computer fail to open a MPL file? We explain what MPL files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your MPL files.
What is a MPL file?
Files that contain the .mpl file extension are commonly associated with AVCHD high-def video files.
The AVCHD file format was created as a joint venture between the Panasonic and Sony brands. When certain Sony and Panasonic HD digital video cameras record 1080i and 720p signals using the proprietary codec technologies, the resulting video files are saved with the .mts file extension an an associated MPL file is also created.
The MPL file that is created with the MTS file is used for the navigation of the MTS file and contains a directory of the information that the MTS file contains.
Software that will open, convert or fix MPL files
- K-Lite Codec PackVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with MPL files.
- PotPlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Daum PotPlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- PotplayerBitsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Raduga Radio Automation SoftwareUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.