Opening JSP files
Did your computer fail to open a JSP file? We explain what JSP files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your JSP files.
What is a JSP file?
JSP stands for Java Server Pages. Files that contain the .jsp file extension are server-generated web pages. These JSP pages are very similar to ASP and PHP page files, however, instead of containing ActiveX or PHP code, the JSP file contains Java code.
When a user's computer sends the JSP file to the Web server, the JSP file is then parsed and will generate a HTML code that is sent back to the user's PC. Web developers use JSP files to create dynamic website pages that are based on XML, HTML and other document formats.
The JSP file format was developed in order to address the fact that people felt that Java didn't provide application developers with enough support for Web development purposes.
Software that will open, convert or fix JSP files
- Adobe DreamweaverUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MXUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Edge Code CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft OfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.