Opening IST files
Did your computer fail to open an IST file? We explain what IST files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your IST files.
What is an IST file?
Files that contain the .ist file extension are project template files that have been created by the InstallShield software. The InstallShield application is commonly used to create .msi Windows Installers and installation packages for software developers.
The .ist files that are created by the InstallShield software contain a template that stores default settings, design elements, directory structures, custom scripts, code, images and text. This allows the developer who is creating the installation package to create packages for multiple applications without having to start the development of each installation application from scratch each and every time, saving the developer time and allowing him to create more installation packages in a given time period.
Software that will open, convert or fix IST files
- InspirationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Inspiration International English EditionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Inspiration IntlUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- arcplanUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Application VirtualizationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.