Opening EPS files
Did your computer fail to open an EPS file? We explain what EPS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your EPS files.
What is an EPS file?
EPS stands for Encapsulated PostScript. Files that contain the .eps file extension often contain images and text. The EPS files are used by a variety of computer drawing applications. In some cases, a file with a .eps extension may also contain font design information.
The EPS file format supports transparency, linked files and thumbnail imaging of documents. It also allows certain types of files to be opened up across multiple operating systems, ensuring that a user can open the file even if he or she is not running on the same operating system or with the same computer application as the individual who created the file initially.
Software that will open, convert or fix EPS files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with EPS files.
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with EPS files.
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with EPS files.
- Adobe IllustratorUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Picture ItUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.