Opening DTD files
Did your computer fail to open a DTD file? We explain what DTD files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DTD files.
What is a DTD file?
DTD is an acronym for Document Type Definition. Files that contain the .dtd file extension are text files that specify certain elements that are used in an SGML, HTML, XHTML or XML document.
The information that is contained in the DTD files is used to define the structure of given XML data. This data may define the order and nesting of a document's elements and attributes, which are referenced within a web page. The DTD file allows a computer that is receiving XML from another computer to agree on the structure of the XML data that is being transmitted, ensuring uniformity.
The DTD file can also be used to determine whether or not a file represents a valid document.
Software that will open, convert or fix DTD files
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Flash Movie PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Design Tools - 2D DesignUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Oxygen XML EditorUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.