Opening DTA files
Did your computer fail to open a DTA file? We explain what DTA files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DTA files.
What is a DTA file?
Files that contain the .dta file extension is commonly associated with a variety of computer applications for a broad range of data file formats. The most common DTA files are normally stored in binary or plain-text format.
The Turbo Pascal software program uses the DTA file format for the data files referenced by the software application. The Stata software application also uses the DTA file format for saved data-set files. The WorldBank's STARS and PC-File programs also use the .dta file suffix for data files that are used by these applications.
The Hidden & Dangerous software game also uses the .dta file extension. These DTA files contain game files that are referenced by the video game during a user's gameplay experience.
Software that will open, convert or fix DTA files
- Microsoft OfficeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Quantitative Micro Software EViewsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Sage AccountsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Dragon UnPACKerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Application VirtualizationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.