Opening DL_ files
Did your computer fail to open a DL file? We explain what DL files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DL_ files.
What is a DL_ file?
Files that contain the .dl_ file extension contain a backup copy of a Microsoft Windows dynamic link library (DLL) file. A dynamic link library is the file format that Microsoft uses for "shared library" purposes. DLL files are similar in nature to EXE files.
DLL files can be compressed in order to make it easier for a user to download the file or to save space on a user's hard drive. Compression is usually performed when a backup copy of a DLL file is made. The backup copy of the DLL file is given the .dl extension to reflect that the file is a backup copy and has been compressed. When the file is decompressed and opened on the user's computer, the .dll extension will be reassigned to the file to replace the .dl file extension
Software that will open, convert or fix DL_ files
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Flash Movie PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.