Opening CGM files
Did your computer fail to open a CGM file? We explain what CGM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your CGM files.
What is a CGM file?
The .cgm file extension is most commonly associated with CGM 2D graphics files. The Computer Graphics Metafile format is a vector graphics format that allows users to send 2D vector graphics across a variety of platforms without regard to any specific software application. The CGM file format is commonly used for technical applications such as engineering.
Software that will open, convert or fix CGM files
- ImageMagickVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with CGM files.
- Corel Graphics ApplicationsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- CorelDRAWUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Paint Shop ProUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.