Opening CFM files
Did your computer fail to open a CFM file? We explain what CFM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your CFM files.
What is a CFM file?
CFM is an acronym for ColdFusion Markup. Files that contain the .cfm file extension contain webpage files that consist of the ColdFusion Markup Language.
The ColdFusion software, which creates the ColdFusion Markup files, was originally created by the Allaire company. However, it was later sold to Macromedia and then in 2005 the ColdFusion software was bought by Adobe.
Webpage files that contain the ColdFusion Markup Language are used to create a variety of different online applications. CFML is a server-side language, much like PHP, but unlike PHP, CFML is not an open source code. It is a commercially-sold programming language code.
Software that will open, convert or fix CFM files
- Adobe DreamweaverUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Macromedia Dreamweaver MXUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Edge Code CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.