Opening AIR files
Did your computer fail to open an AIR file? We explain what AIR files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your AIR files.
What is an AIR file?
Files that contain the .air file extension are most commonly used for Adobe AIR applications. AIR is an acronym for Adobe Integrated Runtime. These files allow developers to build Internet applications that can be deployed to the user's desktop and can run across multiple operating systems. The AIR files are usually compressed using ZIP technology before they are installed on a user's system.
The .air file extension is also used for Microsoft Flight Simulator files. These files contain information about particular aircraft models that can be used in various flight simulation applications.
AIR also stands for Automated Image Registration. These AIR files are used by a program suite created by Roger P. Woods. The Automated Image Registration program analyzes volume files.
Software that will open, convert or fix AIR files
- Adobe AIRVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with AIR files.
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Media Player ClassicUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Tube Finder - Free FLV ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.