Opening WEBP files
Did your computer fail to open a WEBP file? We explain what WEBP files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your WEBP files.
What is a WEBP file?
The WEBP file format was developed by Google, Inc. This is an image file format that aims to provide users with around 34% smaller file sizes for storing digital graphics and images. Google developed the .webp file format to make photo and image sharing on the Web faster, more efficient and easier for users. The data stored in these WEBP files may include digital graphics, vector images, photos and metadata details. This file format allows users to store digital images and photos in lossy or lossless formats. These .webp files can be opened using Adobe Photoshop, which is an image development and photo editing application. Google Chrome can also be used to open and view the graphics stored in these WEBP files.
Software that will open, convert or fix WEBP files
- IrfanViewVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with WEBP files.
- Maxthon Cloud BrowserVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with WEBP files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Picasa Photo ViewerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Comodo DragonUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.