Opening SVG files
Did your computer fail to open a SVG file? We explain what SVG files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your SVG files.
What is a SVG file?
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. The files that contain the .svg file extension store two-dimensional graphics. The SVG file format is based on the XML markup language. This means that even though the file contains an image, the file itself is actually stored in a text-based file format.
The SVG file format was created by the World Wide Web Consortium as a standard way to display vector graphics on the Internet.
Files with the .svg extension are often created in Adobe Creative Suite applications, but are not solely reserved for the Adobe programs.
SVG files can be compressed, but once compressed the files will contain the .svgz extension.
Software that will open, convert or fix SVG files
- Maxthon Cloud BrowserVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with SVG files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- WindowsR Internet ExplorerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- SafariUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.