Opening SQL files
Did your computer fail to open a SQL file? We explain what SQL files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your SQL files.
What is a SQL file?
SQL is an acronym for Structured Query Language. The SQL language is a database computer declarative language. The language was designed for the management of data in relational database management systems and has become one of the most widely-used database languages in existence.
Files that contain the .sql file extension hold database-related files that have been written in the SQL language. An SQL file contains the code that is used to modify the contents of an associated database, such as the statements that are needed to create or modify the structure of the database.
SQL files may also contain database updates, deletions and other information about the SQL database operations.
Software that will open, convert or fix SQL files
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ExpressUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- ParadoxUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft SQL Server Management StudioUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.