Opening RESX files
Did your computer fail to open a RESX file? We explain what RESX files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your RESX files.
What is a RESX file?
Files that contain the .resx file extension are most commonly associated with the Microsoft .NET Framework. These files contain resource files that are used by applications that have been developed using the Microsoft.NET framework.
The RESX files that are created with this framework contain strings and objects for an associated program, saving the information in the XML file format. The RESX file may contain binary or plain text data, which is then encoded with the proper XML tags.
RESX files are frequently used to store program settings and application resources.
The Payroll Mate software application has also been reported to use the .resx file suffix. These RESX files contain data files that are referenced by the Payroll Mate application.
Software that will open, convert or fix RESX files
- Microsoft Web Platform ExtensionsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Free Download ManagerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.