Opening REQ files
Did your computer fail to open a REQ file? We explain what REQ files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your REQ files.
What is a REQ file?
Files that contain the .req file extension are used by the FidoNet email and file swapping software application. FidoNet is made up of a network that exchanges emails and files using a protocol that is proprietary to the FidoNet software. The program utilizes thousands of computer systems in different parts of the world to make up a vast and powerful network.
The files that contain the .req suffix contain request files that are used by the FidoNet software. These REQ files are sent out through the user's modem to transmit email and Usenet news data from the computer to the associated server.
Software that will open, convert or fix REQ files
- Room EQ WizardUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- DigitalSign Professional ApplicationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- EditPad LiteUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- DigitalSign Reader ApplicationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- AcroEditUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.