Opening PVM files
Did your computer fail to open a PVM file? We explain what PVM files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PVM files.
What is a PVM file?
PVM stands for Parallels Virtual Machine. The file with the .pvm file extension can be mounted onto a Macintosh hard drive as an additional hard drive. This virtual hard drive can be used to run the Windows operating system on a Mac computer.
The PVM file extension is also used by Hewlett-Packard's Image Zone software product. These PVM files are image files that store photographs and other information about the images that the file contains. The files are XML formatted and are usually created when a user imports image files from a CD or digital device for viewing on an HP computer.
Software that will open, convert or fix PVM files
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Picasa Photo ViewerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Microsoft Office Document ImagingUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Photo GalleryUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Media Player ClassicUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.