Opening PTX files
Did your computer fail to open a PTX file? We explain what PTX files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your PTX files.
What is a PTX file?
Files with the .ptx extension are most commonly associated with the PaintShop Pro graphic editing application. The PTX files used by the software contain texture preset files. These files store the texture information that is used to apply textures to the objects and shapes a user is working on in the PaintShop Pro application.
The .ptx file extension is also used for PageMaker template files, Printronix bitmap graphic files, NVIDIA CUDA parallel thread execution assembly language files and Pentax RAW bitmap graphic files.
Software that will open, convert or fix PTX files
- Free File ViewerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PTX files.
- PerformanceTestVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with PTX files.
- Pixillion Image ConverterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Photo GalleryUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Windows LiveR Photo GalleryUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.