Opening MAN files
Did your computer fail to open a MAN file? We explain what MAN files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your MAN files.
What is a MAN file?
Files that contain the .man file extension are most commonly associated with the Unix Man utility program.
Unix Man is used to view documentation that contains information about Unix commands and functions. These files are normally stored in a plain text format.
In most cases the MAN files that are used by the Unix system will not be stored with the .man file extension. Instead, they will be given a series of extensions ranging from .1 to .8.
The .man file extension has also been known to be associated with the Microsoft Windows 2000/XP operating systems. These MAN files contain the mandatory user profile files that are used by the operating systems.
Software that will open, convert or fix MAN files
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Stuffit ExpanderUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD ProfessionalUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Flash Movie PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- progeCAD Professional EnglishUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.