Opening F4V files
Did your computer fail to open a F4V file? We explain what F4V files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your F4V files.
What is a F4V file?
Files that contain the .f4v file extension are Flash video files. These files are MPEG-4 files that have been renamed with the .f4v extension.
The F4V file format is the widely-used standard format for the distribution of dynamic media across the Internet. F4V files are actually container files that are used for the playback of certain media files.
F4V files contain media content that is delivered over the Internet for playback in the Adobe Flash Player. It is estimated that up to 80 percent of today's online videos are viewed using Adobe Flash technology. The Adobe Air application is also able to support the F4V file format.
Software that will open, convert or fix F4V files
- Any Video ConverterVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with F4V files.
- MediaMonkeyVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with F4V files.
- VideoLAN VLC media playerVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with F4V files.
- K-Lite Codec PackVerifiedProgram has been verified by file.org to work with F4V files.
- Adobe Media PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.