Opening IPS files
Did your computer fail to open an IPS file? We explain what IPS files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your IPS files.
What is an IPS file?
IPS is an acronym for Internal Patching System. Files that contain the .ips file extension usually store patch updates for ROM image game files.
The IPS files that are used by computer gaming applications may contain the models, graphics and other details that are used to update a variety of computer gaming applications. These provide users with updated and "fresh" game play experiences.
The Nintendo SNES emulator ZNES is one of the software applications that uses the IPS file format for update patches.
The IPS file format is normally only used for small game patches that contain 16MB of data or less.
Software that will open, convert or fix IPS files
- WinRARUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Internet Pictures Corp. iPIX ViewerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Kega FusionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Any Video Converter FreeUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.