Opening DVR files
Did your computer fail to open a DVR file? We explain what DVR files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your DVR files.
What is a DVR file?
Files that contain the .dvr file extension are most commonly used by the Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition. Also known as the DVR-MS file format, these DVR files store recorded television content.
The DVR files are created by Digital Video Recording Devices. This DVR file format is similar to the ASF file format and is a container file format, but the DVR file format allows for added features and functionality such as simultaneous record and playback, time-shifting and live pause.
A variety of device driver files and program overlay files have also been known to use the DVR file suffix.
Software that will open, convert or fix DVR files
- Final Media PlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe OnLocationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- VideoPlayer ApplicationUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Divar Series ArchivePlayerUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- RealPlayer (User SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.