Opening API files
Did your computer fail to open an API file? We explain what API files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your API files.
What is an API file?
API is an acronym for Adobe Plug-In. Files that contain the .api file extension often consist of plug-in utilities that are used by a variety of different Adobe applications.
The API files that are used by Adobe programs provide users with added features and functionality in the associated Adobe software.
The Adobe PhotoShop file also uses the .api file extension, but not for plug-in files. This Adobe program uses the .api file suffix for ink color settings.
The Apple WebObjects software program also uses the .api file suffix. These files contain the interface files that are used by the WebObjects utility.
Software that will open, convert or fix API files
- Adobe Photoshop CCUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop ElementsUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Parallels Tools CenterUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop ExtendedUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
- Adobe Photoshop Limited EditionUser SubmittedNot yet verified by file.org
Try a universal file viewer
In addition to the products listed above, I would suggest that you try a universal file viewer like Free File Viewer. It can open over 200 different types of files - and very likely yours too! Download Free File Viewer.